Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Thanks, dear friend!

I promised a couple of my friends, that I would start some serious writing some day. I started writing a novel which never seems to move beyond 2 chapters! I was never satisfied with the style of my writing. It was reaching a stagnation... A couple of my friends, to whom, I had expressed this idea, to my surprise kept following up with me as to how the novel was coming up!

One of them, I believe, knew which 'KEYWORD' would work on me to put an end to my continued procrastination. He asked me to set a 'DEADLINE'. He introduced me to the blog world, and I promised that I would start my blog on my birthday. I also promised that I would publish atleast one post a day once i start writing my blog.... Well, being in the software field, in particular, after starting on my own, here I am, true to my commitment to the 'deadline', with my first post!

I had started attempting writing on a couple of topics last month, and having a volatile schedule, I thought I should definitely have atleast some reservoir of ideas to seriously publish atleast one post a day! I have written clost to 30 drafts, and I wanted to publish them only when I found them worthwhile to be read! :)

The first blog post was a challenge. I wanted it to be really special and close to my heart. Believe me, none of the blog posts I had written, really deserved to be the first! And atlast, right on my birthday, I finally got the first topic on which i wanted to publish!

And that, I think MY DEAR FRIEND is nothing but to ACKNOWLEDGE YOU in my first post for inspiring me to start writing again!!!...

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Nirek said...

hey da
Good start! best wishes to write more and rock this blog world!

Btw, is that a thanks for me??! ;)

Goli said...

Stumbled on your blog through Nirek...Welcome to the world of blogging... Happy Bday....I wanted to write a novel too, and I started with Nanowrimo.org. Please go to that site, I guess very good way to start writing. Cheers.. and Happy blogging days ahead.

Megha said...

Nirek...
Thanks for your comment... Atlast u visited much before your deadline of 15 days that u had told me! I have still a lot of unpublished posts and would definitely do justice to them before i post! (atleast to my best!)

Goli....
Thanks for your wishes and you warm welcome to this world :) I am not writing too casual posts in this blog and hence the posts would take time to publish :) But i think i am here to stay for sometime to build up my writing skills! and would definitely await your comments too!